Falling in love with the Langhe in autumn
Imagine a place where you can see incredible natural and architectural beauty everywhere; imagine letting your eyes freely wander on the vineyard hills and lush woods, famous for their mushrooms and fine truffles. Imagine a journey into the heart of our country’s history, marked by the towers of the mighty castles and the noble palaces that embellish every village. Imagine also being able to finally taste the most sought after and appreciated food and wine specialties in the world. These are the Langhe: that prodigious territory between Cuneo and Asti where every year tourists from all over the globe fall in love, with the eyes and the mouth, with what nature spontaneously offers and that man wisely manages to create, together with the natural propensity to hospitality that has always been characteristic of the local population.
Above all, now that the fall season has begun, this territory offers the best of itself, with the soft colors of the hilly landscape and the chance to taste two of the most delicious gastronomic products: mushrooms and the white truffle, absolute protagonists of the Piedmontese cuisine. So, what better season than autumn to visit this beautiful region and fully enjoy its wonders?
Here you have, instead, the main events that you can participate in this autumn 2019 if you decide to visit the Langhe: you will be spoilt for choice.
AUTUMN 2019 IN THE LANGHE: THE INITIATIVES NOT TO BE MISSED
In addition to visiting the ancient villages of which the area is dotted, there are countless events to participate in to fully live the wonders of the Langhe. Here are some suggestions:
- The non plus ultra of the events dedicated to food and wine is the White Truffle Fair, which takes place from October 5th to November 24th in Alba (CN) and which has attracted thousands of curious and gourmet people since 89 years. Interesting are also the related events, such as the Alba Music Festival (on the 13th, 20th and 27th of October), plus a series of exclusive dinners where you can taste the dishes made by star chefs and, at the same time, discover this beautiful town (on various dates in October and November);
- Other events in Alba: Cheeses of Italy (26th and 27th of October), an unmissable opportunity to learn about Piedmontese food and wine excellences and much more; the Artisan Food market (from 1 to 3 and 9 to 10 November) and Panettoni under the Towers (on 9 and 10 November);
- For fans of yard sales: Fossano Antiquaria, every fourth Sunday of the month in Fossano and the Antiques and Collectibles Market in Cherasco (8th of December);
- Among the walks to discover the Langhe landscapes: Piacere Barbaersco, autumn colors among vineyards and villages (13th of October in Neive), Bar to Bar 6.0 Monforte – Barolo – Monforte (stage among the Barolo vineyards, 20 October) and the Great Path of Moscato on the hills of Cesare Pavese (October 27 in Santo Stefano Belbo);
- Among the cultural events, it is impossible not to mention the vast programming of the Teatro Regio di Torino, including Carmen, Tosca and other works, even non-opera; furthermore, other interesting events are the guided visits to the strongholds of Barolo, Ceresole d’Alba and other enchanting villages, in the frame of Narrar Castles and Wines (27 October).
CASA NICOLINI, FOR YOUR RELAXATION IN THE GREEN OF THE LANGHE
Are you dreaming of relaxing in the comfort of a rustic structure immersed in the sweet colors of the most beautiful hills of Italy? Are you looking for a place to stop in during your trip in the Langhe and taste the local delicacies, including the superb homemade pasta topped with porcini mushrooms? The autumn season is the best to taste the best products of the region: come and taste them at Casa Nicolini; we will let you experience the enchantment of the senses in our dream location, with exquisite delicacies and some of the finest wines on the world scene. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org: we will gladly answer all your questions.
In the meantime, if you want to browse through the wonders of Barbaresco, the small but delightful town where we are located, read here: What to see in Barbaresco. We are waiting for you.